Overloud THM presets problem

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

timmyg
Expert

Overloud THM presets problem

Post by timmyg » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:28 am

Hi all,

I have just purchased the Overloud plug-in and it literally rocks.

I was messing with the 'Blusey' preset though and accidently overwrote it with my own seetings.

Does anyone know how to restore the default presets as I liked the Bluesy one before I started messing with it?

thanks

mtingle
Expert

Re: Overloud THM presets problem

Post by mtingle » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:48 am

save all your projects then delete Auria and reinstall then restore purchases would be 'a' way to do it.

Perhaps there is a shorter way.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:18 am

Yes, I recommend the same thing. Reinstalling will restore everything to it's default settings.

Rim

DavePDX
Expert

Post by DavePDX » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:20 am

Alternatively, you can use one of the apps that give you more direct access to the iPad file system,like Funbox or Phoneview, and delete the "THM Presets.sql" file (located in the Auria/Library directory) . The next time you open the plug- in it will recreate the factory presets automatically.

Two other options come to mind: I could copy the factory preset to a user preset and send you that, ( though I think you'd still have to use a 3rd party app to access the file system) or I could post a screenshot of the original settings and you could use that as a guide to get the original values.

Rim: Does Apple's API allow for a method to remove individual in-app purchases? If so, it would be very handy to add a button so we could reset a misbehaving plugin without having to do a complete reinstall.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:02 am

Dave,

Thanks, I didn't know THM would do that. If so, that's a good solution.

Apple's IAP system doesn't allow removing of in-app purchases.

Rim

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:30 pm

I've made about 20 presets of my own in THM , does anyone know is there a way to save them in case I ever need to do a fresh install of Auria .

8)

I emailed overloud but didn't get a reply. :roll:

DavePDX
Expert

Post by DavePDX » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:09 pm

Jus-

It's a bit confusing, because there are actually two different ways/locations to save your presets.

1) There's a large button labeled "Preset" in the lower left corner of the Overloud screen. Those presets are saved to the path:

Auria/Library/THM Presets.sql

That file contains all the factory presets as well as any changes you make there or additions you make there.

2) There's also a dropdown menu at the upper left corner of the Overloud THM screen, just to the right of the Bypass button. You can also save presets there.
I believe this is Auria's built-in method of managing plug-in presets, but perhaps Rim can confirm that. Those presets are saved to the path:
Auria/Documents/Presets/THM/

I personally prefer the second method, as the presets are saved as individual files, allowing you more control.

You'll need a 3rd party app on the computer to get to these paths, as the standard iTunes interface doesn't give you access to those paths.

Two that I've used and like are PhoneView and Funbox.

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/

http://www.i-funbox.com

There are others as well, but that should get you going.