AudioPaste copy doesn't change

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

r3watson
Expert

AudioPaste copy doesn't change

Post by r3watson » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:12 pm

It seems there's a copy stuck in AudioPaste in Auria. I AudioPasted a drum track with no trouble, but trying to do any further AudioPasting always pastes the same drum loop, not the newer loops I'm trying to get into Auria from another App.

How can I clean out that original AudioCopy to allow other loops? I've rebooted the ipad.

I know the loops are being AudioCopied, as I've checked and AudioPasted them into the app thy are coming from, Multitrack DAW. It's just when I try to paste into Auria that I get the same loop as before.
-iPad 4 32gig/-iOS 9.1/-Auria Pro/-Apogee Jam/-Not jailbroken

Rim
Site Admin

Re: AudioPaste copy doesn't change

Post by Rim » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:50 pm

Auria has no control over this unfortunately. I suggest maybe pasting a second audio file from multitrack daw, to see if it makes a difference.

Rim

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:35 pm

MultiTrack DAW uses the general pasteboard, and Auria uses ACP. You have to select "general pasteboard" after you open Auria to Audio-paste your file. The last file copied will be labeled "general pasteboard" in the audio paste menu. I think you have to scroll up to the top slot to select it. I hope this helps.

r3watson
Expert

Post by r3watson » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:10 am

Rim wrote:Auria has no control over this unfortunately. I suggest maybe pasting a second audio file from multitrack daw, to see if it makes a difference.

Rim

No luck, that's what I've been trying all along.

r3watson
Expert

Post by r3watson » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:12 am

supanorton wrote:MultiTrack DAW uses the general pasteboard, and Auria uses ACP. You have to select "general pasteboard" after you open Auria to Audio-paste your file. The last file copied will be labeled "general pasteboard" in the audio paste menu. I think you have to scroll up to the top slot to select it. I hope this helps.

Tried that, but I end up with nothing pasted at all. Scrolled up, chose general pasteboard, results in empty paste, there's a spot pasted in, but it contains no audio.

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:09 am

this is a great tool if you are messing around with the different ACP formats:

https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/audiosh ... 59300?mt=8
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

r3watson
Expert

Post by r3watson » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:12 pm

CEIsar wrote:this is a great tool if you are messing around with the different ACP formats:

Will give that a try, thanks for the suggestion.

r3watson
Expert

Post by r3watson » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:40 pm

CEIsar wrote:this is a great tool if you are messing around with the different ACP formats:

No luck, once again. Tried AudioShare, I can paste general pasteboard into it, but can't convert or change it to Sonoma. I get a copy failed notice.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:33 pm

I just tried to duplicate this problem but I can't. I copied a drum beat from iMPC into DawMultitrack, then copied it into Auria through the general pasteboard and it copied fine and played fine.
Then I copied another drum beat from DM1 into DawMultitrack then into Auria through the general pasteboard, and the new DM1 beat was there as it should not the previous iMPC beat so all is working fine.
I suggest you start a new project in DawMultitrack and a new project in Auria and repeat your tests. I think you may fix this as I had no problems with this test.
Cheers.
~~_/)~~~

Auria 1.06
iOS 6.1
iPad 4. 32g LTE

r3watson
Expert

Post by r3watson » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:01 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:I just tried to duplicate this problem but I can't. I copied a drum beat from iMPC into DawMultitrack, then copied it into Auria through the general pasteboard and it copied fine and played fine.
Then I copied another drum beat from DM1 into DawMultitrack then into Auria through the general pasteboard, and the new DM1 beat was there as it should not the previous iMPC beat so all is working fine.
I suggest you start a new project in DawMultitrack and a new project in Auria and repeat your tests. I think you may fix this as I had no problems with this test.
Cheers.
~~_/)~~~

Auria 1.06
iOS 6.1
iPad 4. 32g LTE
Another strike out! I did exactly what you suggested, but the resulting paste via general pasteboard is empty. The only sound produced was noise, not much.

When I chose the gen paste, there is no speaker in the AudioPaste window that appears, whereas all my other AudioPastes have the speaker icon I can click to audition the audio pasted.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:51 pm

r3watson wrote:
Anthony Alves wrote:I just tried to duplicate this problem but I can't. I copied a drum beat from iMPC into DawMultitrack, then copied it into Auria through the general pasteboard and it copied fine and played fine.
Cheers.
~~_/)~~~

Auria 1.06
iOS 6.1
iPad 4. 32g LTE
Another strike out! I did exactly what you suggested, but the resulting paste via general pasteboard is empty. The only sound produced was noise, not much.

When I chose the gen paste, there is no speaker in the AudioPaste window that appears, whereas all my other AudioPastes have the speaker icon I can click to audition the audio pasted.
That is correct there is not preview speaker icon in the general pasteboard so it is a little ghostly but the audio is there so why your not getting anything is very strange. Are you doing this strictly from DawMultitrack? Are you only having problems from the general pasteboard? Are you able to copy into Auria from another app? Try to remove at least one of the elements of the problem to better zone in to the problem. Ie. test Multitrack daw with another app and see if its working. Can you copy from Auria into DawMultitrack?
These are just a few easy ways to check your iPad audio set-up without re-installing again and again.
Good luck my friend.
Cheers and let me know how your making out.
~~_/)~~~

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:54 pm

Sorry I also forgot to ask what your stats are. Ie. iPad version, iOS version, Auria version, DawMultitrack version, jailbroken or not?
Cheers

r3watson
Expert

Post by r3watson » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:01 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:
r3watson wrote:
Cheers.
~~_/)~~~

Auria 1.06
iOS 6.1
iPad 4. 32g LTE

That is correct there is not preview speaker icon in the general pasteboard so it is a little ghostly but the audio is there so why your not getting anything is very strange. Are you doing this strictly from DawMultitrack? Are you only having problems from the general pasteboard? Are you able to copy into Auria from another app? Try to remove at least one of the elements of the problem to better zone in to the problem. Ie. test Multitrack daw with another app and see if its working. Can you copy from Auria into DawMultitrack?
These are just a few easy ways to check your iPad audio set-up without re-installing again and again.
Good luck my friend.
Cheers and let me know how your making out.
~~_/)~~~
Many thanks for your help! I can AudioPaste/Copy from all other Apps into Auria with no troubles. Also able to copy from Auria into Multitrack DAW. Looks like the only problem is general pasteboard, which pastes soundless regions into Auria from Multitrack DAW.

I've added my system info, hope this helps.

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:06 pm

Did you try to reinstall MDAW?This can help solving problems as well.But you have to backup your files first.delete it from your ipad then and install it from the app store again.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX