Recording multiple instruments to single track in audiobus

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jpmonroyal

Recording multiple instruments to single track in audiobus

Post by jpmonroyal » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:02 pm

Hello again,
So before I get going, I have to say that auria with the latest audiobus update is working like magic. So good! Very responsive and even when I do have a couple of FX on multiple tracks, it still does plenty of damage on my iPad 4.

So I was trying to record a combination of soundprism and sunrizer last night into a single track. Is that possible? I was able to route each one to its own track, but could not figure out how to have them be both on a single track. If its not possible, could I make a feature request? It'd be super sweet since at times I'll want to treat these synth combinations as a single instrument/track. Y/N?

Dcramer
Expert

Re: Recording multiple instruments to single track in audiob

Post by Dcramer » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:41 pm

This may be an Audiobus limitation, AB doesn't give much control over routing. There is always bouncing!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:45 pm

There's no way to do that, actually. But once you record both to their own tracks, you can bounce them as mentioned.

Rim

jpmonroyal

Post by jpmonroyal » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:48 am

Aw, that's cool. It'd be a nice feature though that would save us the extra step of bouncing - or if you just want to consolidate your various instruments into one. Maybe in a utopian future.