Audiobus/Record Buffer/iPad 2

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

boone51
Expert

Audiobus/Record Buffer/iPad 2

Post by boone51 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:25 am

I know that the official line from WML is that the recommended hardware is iPad 3 or later. I understand that and so I expect hiccups and ultimately I get that I need to go get an iPad 4. BUT... I would still like to ask this question anyway ;-) Why is it that when I have a four track song at 3 minutes I'm getting the error message saying I need to increase my recording buffer when trying to record another track? No effects on any track of course. Again, I get that its my hardware. I'd just like to understand where the issue is for my own selfish purposes. If you could take just a short bit of time to explain that very briefly for me I'd really appreciate it.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Audiobus/Record Buffer/iPad 2

Post by Rim » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:19 am

Are you referring to a disk overflow message? Is this when using audiobus?

Rim

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:11 am

I can't believe it, but I didn't capture the message. Of course, at the time, I thought it would be simple to reproduce since it was happening every time (tried like 6 times over the course of two days to record the track and got the same message every time). I believe it was disk overload,yes. It told me I needed to increase my record buffer and I thought this had to do with CPU overload, but... I cleaned out my iPad since it was down to 1.4 GB left and now the track records just fine. I assume it was because of my actual disk space. If I can make it happen again I'll grab screenshots. Thanks.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:17 am

Yes, that's a common error to receive if you're close to running out of disk space because the iPad is shuffling data around and so the disk access gets too slow for high performance audio.

Rim

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:24 am

Thanks, Rim. I appreciate it.