For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Donald77

Post by Donald77 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:36 pm

I'm sorry as a newbie to forums if I am breaking protocol by re-posting my question. I received many views but no replies.
My question is about how to save only a section of a track without the removed or deleted sections. Here's my original post:

This is such a basic question but I hope someone will take a moment to help me. After removing unwanted sections (regions) of a track I want to save a copy containing ONLY the remaining portion of the track.

I've tried cut and (remove) region commands and then moved the remaining (desired) section to beginning of timeline then saved to new file. However when I play back the new file ALL sections of the original track still play ( even though you don't see them in the track wave or timeline.

I don't see anything in the manual about this basic function. Thanks.

Lee B
Expert

Re: NEWBIE

Post by Lee B » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:51 pm

Hi Donald, not sure about the save to new file option, but you could bounce the desired/cut track down to a new file.

Cheers

Lee

Donald77

Post by Donald77 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:52 pm

Thanks but I don't know what you mean by bouncing. I assume you mean mixdown? Anyway if anyone could just list the steps required to end up with the edited track as a mixed down file I would appreciate.

Example - I record a 2 minute original project named Project X. I cut the first 30 seconds off the beginning of the track.
I just want to mixdown a final file with only the desired 90 seconds.

How do I do this in Auria?

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:32 am

It means to mixdown your track. You can import the mixdown then into the same project, and let it replace the original track.

That way you'll have a fixed version of the specific track, that won't make things to complicated.

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:39 am

Donald77 wrote:
Example - I record a 2 minute original project named Project X. I cut the first 30 seconds off the beginning of the track.
I just want to mixdown a final file with only the desired 90 seconds.

How do I do this in Auria?
You have to click on the lower left of the sample, wait for an arrow that points to the right, and then move your finger to the desired sample length. That way you'll cut out the first seconds of the sample, but just momentarily within the project. This means that the original sample will remain unaltered, up until you click "Condense Regions" in the process menu. This can be another way to alter your original sample permanently, without having to create a new mixdown.