Ipad 2/Audiobus

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

trupro
Expert

Re: Ipad 2/Audiobus

Post by trupro » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:04 pm

boone51 wrote:@CEIsar, I assume this comment was for me based on what I said about the warning telling me to change the record buffer size.

"probably you can change the buffer size,please read my posts above"

I know about the NLog workaround, but I'm talking about the setting in the settings menu of Auria which is where I assume Auria is telling me it would like a HIGHER value. The NLog workaround just sets the buffer to be the preferred Audiobus setting of 256 from what I've read. It's a nice fix when you start hearing popping in audiobus, but I don't believe it's going to make auria "happier" with the error I'm running into. If you're talking to/about something else, please excuse me.
Just to throw my 2cents on this one, i personally did not get any noticeably better performance when upping the latency time at 96K. Switching to 44.1 made it much better, without clicks n pops, however ive not used alot of apps and i/o simultaniously yet.

With regard to the iOS6 stuff you and CEIsar replied to, i guess you make a good point, i dont have any anecdotal evidence i remember from others' complaints. I just had seen possibly here and random forums about other apps, such as 'well i like to use this app with that other app and now crashes with i0S6' etc. But have not heard much about problems with Auria and iOS6.

Is there better performance with Auria or your other fave apps now that you use iOS6?
I guess if i dont need it i will stay with 5 for a while, but if theres a real reason to upgrade i
certainly will.

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:08 pm

See Rim's comment earlier about iOS 6. I believe there is a direct correlation between iOS 6 and improved performance when it comes to Auria.

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:11 pm

@boone51:yeah,was just a guess and worth to give it a try.But Nlog sets the Buffer to 512 (not 256)on an iPad 2 while Audiobus forces 256 (if you start it first).I could solve my problems although they where different to yours.I had no chance to record the iPolysix into Multitrack DAW.Simply not enough power to run/record it with a buffer from 256.But it worked like a charm with the Nlog Trick.Was the best tip i could give you besides the mandatory "reinstall the app(s)" :)
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:28 pm

OHHHH...I see. Thanks, CEIsar. That makes more sense. I thought the NLog thing was just to force apps to 256 because they'd been coded incorrectly for the version audiobus was looking for. I will definitely give that a try. I was coming out of Samplr after I'd already recorded two other tracks with it. Then I started having the recording stop after a few bars and when I opened Auria I would see that memory warning and the message about increasing the buffer size. Really what I need more than anything right now is an iPad 4. ;-)

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:45 pm

Next version of Audiobus will have a switch between 256/low latency and 512/higher latency buffer size. Hopefully that will help a bit on "older" hardware. Plus, the Nlog workaround wouldn't be needed anymore.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:18 pm

By the way, starting Auria first, then going into Auria's settings page and enabling Audiobus mode will do the same thing as the NLog trick - it will set the buffer size to 512.

Rim