What's the most versatile Reverb now?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Geronimo
Expert

What's the most versatile Reverb now?

Post by Geronimo » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:19 pm

I can choose between at least 3 interesting offers now, and i'm not sure which one to buy.

Which is the most capable now for all kind of jobs? How's the ClassicVerb Pro compared to the SpringVerb? What's the differences? Can i use the PianoVerb for space like reverbs as well, or is it just good at piano strings? Things like that :D

Thank you very much!

Geronimo
Expert

Re: What's the most versatile Reverb now?

Post by Geronimo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:09 am

Anyone?

dinomedanhodzic
Expert

Post by dinomedanhodzic » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:18 am

The convolver reverb is the most versatile. You can load any IR-file you want that fits the job.
SpringVerb suits guitarsounds and other stuff that needs a dirty reverb. Not versatile, but cool and perfect in some situations.

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:27 am

Thx for replying. I bought the ClassicVerb Pro and am very satisfied with it. Sounds much better than the ClassicVerb, imo.

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:36 am

@Geronimo, How is the CPU load w ClassicVerb Pro v/s the standard ClassicVerb? I find that ClassicVerb, while not as lfexible as some of the other options, is very lightweight. I can add that where convolution reverb will overload cpu sometimes. Just curious about your experience with ClassicVerb Pro in relation to this. Thanks.

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:15 am

boone51 wrote:@Geronimo, How is the CPU load w ClassicVerb Pro v/s the standard ClassicVerb? I find that ClassicVerb, while not as lfexible as some of the other options, is very lightweight. I can add that where convolution reverb will overload cpu sometimes. Just curious about your experience with ClassicVerb Pro in relation to this. Thanks.
It's very easy on the cpu. 5-10%.

louparte
Expert

Post by louparte » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:58 pm

Dunno about Classicverb Pro. Definitely think Classicverb I is sub-par. The various reverbs in the Convolution set are very useful. I recommend them. Unlike Classicverb, I quickly found the right reverbs for my voice. Very little tweaking necessary. And the folders are full of other reverbs.

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:13 am

@louparte, totally agree about ClassicVerb, but convolution can eat up CPU for some reason and I don't feel like the tradeoff between the sound I'm getting and the CPU I'm giving up make it worth using in every situation, to be honest. Often times there is no substitute as it *does sound great coming out of convolution, but...would love a lightweight verb capable of giving me better sound than ClassicVerb. Was hoping ClassicVerb Pro might be the solution I was seeking.

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:00 pm

boone51 wrote:Was hoping ClassicVerb Pro might be the solution I was seeking.
Was it?

I'm looking at buying one of the reverbs available to replace the included Classic one to use as a go-to lightweight reverb. How does the Piano verb2 sound? The description sells it as an all-round reverb so it's either that or Classic Pro. I don't really get along with with the included Classic verb, can never get it to sound right. So Piano or Classic Pro for a typical smooth flexible all round go-to (and cpu lightweight) reverb? I know it's only 10 bucks, but I'm probably going to buy some more of the Fabfilter plugs so...

Edit: How does Classic Pro handle long wide open high freq reverbs? Noisy/metallic or smooth-ish?

Edit2: Went with the classic pro. Dunno about different algorithms but I haven't tried it much yet (sounds good tho). You can certainly shape the reverb a lot more obviously, so this was definitely a good addition as a go-to lightweight reverb replacement.

Also got Volcano2 and Pro-C. Only 3 more FabFilter plugs to go. :lol:

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:54 am

I think ClassicVerb Pro is excellent because it let's you really tweak the sound. And it's running at about 5-10%.

jayismyson

Post by jayismyson » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:00 am

very satisfied with it. Sounds much better than the ClassicVerb, imo.

rs gold|wow gold|cheap rs gold