Duplicate function in new 1.06 release

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mtingle
Expert

Duplicate function in new 1.06 release

Post by mtingle » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:36 am

From the experiments with the current duplicate method it doesn't behave in the way described. A duplicated region is not duplicated within the confines of the snapped setting but at a 'block' along from the end of the region.

try this:
-make a region of exactly 1 bar in length
-select bars from snap menu
-select it
-duplicate
-observe it doesn't place it next to the previous clip but leaves a gap of one bar (why is there a gap?)
-press duplicate again
-observe it places the clip ON TOP of the previous duplicated region. previous behavior was that iterations of duplicate added the next regions always after the last one.
-zoom out a way
-duplicate again
-observe that the new region is placed further away than the previous duplicated regions
-surely duplicate should not be zoom dependant.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Duplicate function in new 1.06 release

Post by Rim » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:47 am

OK, thanks, I'll look at this. It's supposed to put the duplicated region at the very next snap boundary after the original region. Something must have broken here after I implemented it.

I'll get this fixed for the next version.

Rim

jpmonroyal

Re: Duplicate function in new 1.06 release

Post by jpmonroyal » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:40 pm

yup, its happened to me as well. Rim, I posted a comment a few weeks back about this, and you replied, I just forgot to keep the conversation going. oops. In any case, it was happening in 1.05 as well but it only seems to be on two stubborn projects. I'm also getting a message saying there were errors found within the project - maybe it crashed so hard that it jacked something up. At the moment whenever i duplicate in that project, it offsets the duplicate the length of the original region (which is correct), but it also adds an extra 1/4 beat or 1/8 beat depending on what i have my snap set to. hmm...