Fabfilter timeless2 question

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Cevyn

Fabfilter timeless2 question

Post by Cevyn » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:25 pm

First off auria is truly an amazing piece of work- amazing to squeeze that much out of an iPads power! Thanks for a great daw and all of the work and care you take to respond to the bug reports, questions and feedback. Look forward to Auria's evolution!

I have a question about the fabfilter timeless 2 plugin. It sounds amazing, but it does not sync with the bpm of the project. Am I missing something- or a place to set the tempo in the plugin itself? The delay doesn't adjust accurately to match the note division that you can select from- it seems to have a set internal tempo.

Let me know if I have just missed how to tell timeless to sync up with project bpm, or if I am not the only one experiencing this, pass it along to fabfilter please?

Thanks again

ChrisG
Expert

Re: Fabfilter timeless2 question

Post by ChrisG » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:27 pm

I don't think there's any way to sync host and plugins yet. I really hope it's not that far away tho, since plugs like FabFilters with all the modulations really needs it.

Cevyn

Post by Cevyn » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:11 pm

Thanks for the reply, it seems like an option could be added to manually set the tempo. That way the note sub division knobs could actually be used as they are obviously an important feature for such a plug in. For now will just have to dial them in manually-
:wink:

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:15 pm

yeah,unortunately its true.no way to sync yet.Which is a shame,makes the fabfilter plugins only half usable imo.Same for the volcano Filter.But i'm pretty sure we'll see a sync option in the future.Maybe together with the Midi functionality?
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:38 pm

Yes Midi is required to sync to tempo and when Auria gets midi than I think we will likely see Fabfilter update their plugins for us to be able to get those cool features. I don't think it will be long as most of Auria is pretty stable right now and Audiobus has been added so the only really thing left for Auria to simply rule the iPad Daw market for some time to come. Auria was first out of the gates thanks to WaveMachine Labs vision but there will be other players, big players coming soon so midi is almost a must have for Auria. Stay tuned cause this platform is just getting started. With the new iPad we will see a speed a memory increase that will more than accommodate Auria and it's plugins with ease. My iPad 4 really does a good job but that's nothing compared to what's coming.
Cheers
~~_/)~~~

Cevyn

Post by Cevyn » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:12 pm

I am certain that these features will come as the ipad power increases. The psp echo plug in allows you to set the bpm and then use subdivisions of the beat as delays. Maybe that option could be included until midi get implemented?

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:23 am

Cevyn wrote:I am certain that these features will come as the ipad power increases.
Midi has nothing to do with the power of an iPad,it's really not a matter of CPU..Remember the good old Atari times?8 Mhz Processor and still the best timing you can get out of a computer :wink:

It was just a decision they made so we had not to wait for another year or so until we get this amazing program.I made my decision and stay with auria no matter what will come.I bought a lot of plugins now.Amazing support here,they really believe in their product,best sounding plugins so far and if it will get Midi...That will be just a bomb.Regarding the Fabfilter support i'm pretty sure we'll see the Fabfilter Twin Synth as one of the first IAP's :)

Even when i stay at my studio place i'll make more and more trax on iPad,i don't know what it is but i am able to make better sounding (pre)masters in Auria than in Logic now.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX