Can't hear output when Audiobus Recording

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Can't hear output when Audiobus Recording

Post by Rim » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:22 am

It depends on what you mean by "fixed" :) If you're looking for the lowest possible latency, I recommend always starting Audiobus first, then launching Auria from within Audiobus. Also make sure you have the latest Audiobus version, which lets you choose the buffer size. Set this to 256.

On the other hand, if you're looking to get the best performance out of Auria (lowest CPU usage), use a 512 sample buffer in Audiobus's settings (or start Auria first).

Rim

trupro
Expert

Post by trupro » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:02 pm

With RIMs help this initial issue is solved, but problems remain (possibly related this whole 'order of operations' concept when working with Auria within Audiobus).

Firstly thanks again, did as u instructed and made the jump to iOS 6.1 and this worked like a charm...at first.
Gone are the latency issues, stuttering etc, i was very happy.

However, now there is an issue where, after working for a bit recording Animoog or Sunrizer into Auria successfully, all input app audio randomly becomes silent. It happens like this:

Launch Audiobus, set to 512 frames, launch a synth as input, launch Auria as output, set to Audiobus on Input Matrix etc, arm track, use Audiobus to swap back to synth, arm Audiobus record head, press play, rip awesome synth line, hit pause, swap back to Auria, unarm track, play back take, sounds great, reward self with cookie.

After that, push that take later on the timeline, rearm the track and swap back to synth to record another take. Now audio is not heard, synth renders no sound through Auria via audiobus. Auria still plays back any audio within its own tracks. Try various things, no sucess. Close all in this order (auria, synth, audiobus) and attempt from beginning of process, audio still silent from synth.

Any ideas here? wondering if the whole ide Maria educated me about regarding what order things are launched in (which is critical actually) may also have to do with what you swap to.

Sometimes i swap betwen apps with full Audiobus GUI, and sometimes with the minitabs within each app, at edge of screen. However i did once minimize everything and swap via the iOS dock on main screen of iPad, and ive some sort of feeling this issue is related to how focus app is swapped to/from. Could it be that STRICKTLY using audiobus as the main interface, never minimizing, and only swapping with minitabs are the keys to success here?

Feel like i had lightning in my hands and it's been taken away...so close! :(
Thanks, as always, to the Auria team and the users here for assistance.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:31 pm

That's interesting. I haven't observed this. I'll try to duplicate it here to see what might be happening.

Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:24 pm

Not to hijack the thread, but since we're speaking about Audiobus etc...Does anyone know if Wavemapper plays nicely with Auria? Wavegenerator and Auria simply won't work, at least not inside the Audiobus environment. And it's by the same dev so I'd like to know before getting it.