Audiopaste no tempo file

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

gdog
Expert

Audiopaste no tempo file

Post by gdog » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:41 pm

Hi,

What's the best way to audiopaste a file that has no tempo information, like a mic recording of some ambient noise? (At the moment, Auria guesses the tempo & stretches the audio to fit - any way to turn this off?)

Many thanks, & all the best <3

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Audiopaste no tempo file

Post by Rim » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:11 am

Auria does not have any time stretching, and will not use any tempo info you have in your audio files. It simply pastes the file as-is into the editor. You need to set the tempo manually in Auria's settings, then move the pasted region to where you want it. One thing that helps is to set your tempo, then enable your time format to bars&beats (in the transport settings). Then you can set your editor snap to bars or beats, etc. to make it easier to position the regions accurately.

Rim

gdog
Expert

Re: Audiopaste no tempo file

Post by gdog » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:22 pm

Hi Rim,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for not using the correct terminology - I say time stretch, but what I mean to say is it's not getting played back properly, maybe not the correct speed/pitch/x - I don't know the word, but it ain't right ;). Also, I can't set the bpm for a file that isn't rhythmic, or ambient, so setting the tempo / displaying tempo in the timeline doesn't help.

I've worked out a convoluted solution, with AudioBus, u can use any app that let's u import & playback wave files (eg NLog), copy the the file into that app, then Re-record in Auria - it will then playback fine.

Many thanks, & all the best <3