Auria 1.06 is approved and live

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria 1.06 is approved and live

Post by Rim » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:04 am

That's strange, because the select highlighted regions feature works perfectly here. I just tried it again, no issues at all.

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:07 am

It must be something that's unique in your projects that's causing that not to work. Can you load the Approach demo song, and try it there? That's where I'm using it, and it works every time for me. If it works fine for you in the demo, but doesn't work in another project, please send me the project, so I can see what's going on.

Thanks,
Rim

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:59 am

it's not working in all my projects,including the approach (downloaded it again just a few minutes ago to make sure i have a"fresh"copy).Ipad 4,iOS 6.01

No other apps jn the background nor WLAN or anything else activated that wants to phone home...iPad restart doesn't solve the problem as well.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:14 am

The documentation on the SELECT HIGHLIGHTED REGIONS is very unclear other than saying that it works like a laso but I havent come to understand this function yet and how I would need it. As well, if I highlight a region then this option is available to tap and when I do the highlighted region just goes away so Im not sure what its actually doing as I dont see anything happening other than that. Any explanation of this feature would be great.
Cheers
~~_/)~~~

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:55 am

doubble tap into an empty field in the edit screen and move your finger with the now visible"lasso" arround regions you would like to highlight.Then use the"select highlighted regions"option.In this case you can highlight all the regions at once instead of clicking EVERY single region to highlight them.Makes duplicating/moving/deleting of multiple regions MUCH faster...well,IF it works.

Oh well,i see myself wasting another 45 minutes or so when i'm back home and istall auria and all my projects again.Anyway,i'll keep my mouth and will be happy if this solves the problem.

jbw
Expert

Post by jbw » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:55 am

Select Highlighted Region is working for me. To people having problems: are you sure you're highlighting everything? I noticed if you don't completely highlight a region it won't be selected.
- ADDED: Audiobus support (iPad 3 or greater suggested)
This helps explain why my iPad 2 was struggling. I did find that closing down all other apps helps with performance. In other words, after recording into Auria with Audiobus, close everything else besides Auria to do your editing/mastering/effects/etc. (four or five finger swipe up, tap and hold app icon, then tap "x" to completely close an app)

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:03 am

@jbw:

of course i made selections arround the whole region(s).I left a LOT of space for the regions inside,just to be sure i made no mistake :wink:

And: are you still using iOS 5.1 and/or a jailbreaked device?This can cause (reported) issues.If you look into the audiobus forum you will find a lot of satisfied user running auria and audiobus smoothly on an ipad 2.So,it IS possible if you take care a little about your ressources (other stuff in the backgound or plugins in auria)

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:13 pm

The highlight regions are kinda hit 'n miss here too. I haven't found a pattern to replicate it tho. It just works sometimes and sometimes not at all, with no changes to the project/tracks/zoom/selection size. And yes I make sure the regions I wanna have are completely surrounded. But otherwise great release, having really fun with Audiobus on the iPad 2. But yea it really is bein pushed to its limits and I'm definitely looking forward to what Apple brings with iPad 5. :D

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:23 pm

i don't expect too much from an ipad 5 if they really introduce one so soon (march).maybe cosmetic things (makin it a bit thinner and lighter...again^^)and other slightly improvements(more RAM?).I can't imagine that they are able to double the power of an ipad 4 again in such a short time (at least without havin a negativ effect on the battery and you still have to cool such device).But that doesn't matter,it's great to work with an ipad 4 and i would say it's definitely worth to jump in :wink:

Maybe wait for the 5 and get the 4 cheaper then...

jbw
Expert

Post by jbw » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:28 pm

CEIsar wrote:And: are you still using iOS 5.1 and/or a jailbreaked device?This can cause (reported) issues.If you look into the audiobus forum you will find a lot of satisfied user running auria and audiobus smoothly on an ipad 2.So,it IS possible if you take care a little about your ressources (other stuff in the backgound or plugins in auria)
I've got the latest iOS and a "factory" device. Now I'm getting CPU warnings when applying effects to just one track. :( Thing is, I'm looking right at the CPU monitor and it's hovering around 15% while I'm doing all this. Unless there's some setting I'm not aware of that'll improve performace, then it looks like Auria may not be for me and my somehow outdated even though I bought it less than a year ago iPad 2.

I should say, the one track is pretty long, just under 5 minutes. I can deal with a few crackles and pops, but not a constant shut down when trying apply simple effects; that's what I bought Auria for afterall!

Well, if anyone has any tips for me, please share. If not, I guess I'll just accept my disappointment and move on to another DAW.

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:57 pm

Did you reinstall Auria?If not,try it...It happened often that problems magically disappear just like in the old WIN 95/98 Days (Problem?->Reboot->solved)

I just did it by myself right now to solve my problem with the non functional"select highlighted regions"option.
Well,it was half a success.Now i have it like ChrisG"hit`n miss"sometimes it`s working,more often not :(

WAIT:i found something out now:it seems working all the time when i start to use the lasso from LEFT to RIGHT but
it`s most often not working when i start the lasso from the RIGHT side...have to test a bit more but it seems...this is it :)

at least on my device...

EDIT:it`s working from the right side as well if i select regions only on ONE track but NOT working if i select regions from other tracks as well!

jbw
Expert

Post by jbw » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:58 pm

Just tried for the past few hours to see if I could get it working well on my iPad 2, and it just ain't happening. I tried using the AUX for effects and it handled things a little better, but still gave me the CPU overload error.

Recording with Audiobus works fine by the way, beside the conflict error with Magellan. I even checked the Audiobus forum and people with iPad 2s are saying they too can record. It's just dealing with the recorded material that is the problem.

I suppose I might try a hard reset, or even a delete and re-install, though I think my chances are pretty slim there. :(

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:11 pm

Since 1.06 we should be able to use our own folders for IR files.Anybody a tip how to use the folder?I copy my folder simply into Aurias IR folder and they show up in the plugin but the files inside are invisible...

It`s working though when i use them the normal way without folder.

jbw
Expert

Post by jbw » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:30 pm

Good news: did a hard reset on my iPad 2 and things seem to run a lot smoother, with less crackling and no CPU overload error, and this is still with Audiobus and Magellan still up and running.

This is getting to be off topic, so I'll stop posting here about this, especially since Auria seems to work just fine with Audiobus. But like I say, seems like a hard reset did the trick, fingers crossed.

Edit: even managed to work in some automation without any problem, again, with Audiobus and Magellan still running. :)

Eighthours
Expert

Post by Eighthours » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:03 pm

Seems that count-in definitely doesn't work when you record from the Audiobus control panel. Bug?