Auria 1.06 is approved and live

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Jus
Expert

Re: Auria 1.06 is approved and live

Post by Jus » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:45 pm

Hi , Eighthours the count in does work ( and its great)

You have to enable the count in for it to work, Click on the timing clock top right hand side it's near the bottom of the list 8)

Eighthours
Expert

Post by Eighthours » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:20 am

EDIT: Count-in is fine, ignore!
Last edited by Eighthours on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:31 am

Sorry for stating the obvious :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That's weird it works for me that way(via Audiobus )

Eighthours
Expert

Post by Eighthours » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:39 am

Ha, I just tried it again and it's working fine! Maybe I was drunk last night. :P

Getting a bit of latency when trying to time hitting play in DM1 to match up with the Auria metronome for recording purposes. No such latency when playing before recording, but there's a noticeable pause before the drum beat begins when hitting play in that app with the Auria recording on. iPad 3 here.

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:50 am

Dave Magoo wrote:Could the issue with 'select highlighted regions' function be that some tracks are frozen and therefore cannot be moved ?
no,i had no frozen tracks (and in the approach demo are no frozen tracks also).
I found out the following:

start selecting multiple regions on diffferent tracks from the left side: working
start selecting multiple regions on different tracks from the right side: NOT working
select regions only on ONE track (doesn't matter which side you start the lasso): working

so,all in all 75% is working.I'm fine with that :)

But i still like to now how to handle own folders for IR files,please read (whoever) my last last post for more infos.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:49 am

Hey guys, sorry for the late response. I've been at the booth all day at NAMM.

1. The select highlighted regions issue. Thanks for all the detailed info. Sounds like we didn't test this one fully. I'll add your comments to my notes and get this fixed for 1.07

2. jbw: If you're having issues adding any effects without getting CPU overloads, etc. Make sure you're not using Audiobus, and that there are no other apps running in the background. Audiobus works fine in Auria for simply recording some audio from another audio app, but adding effects, or a number of tracks may cause issues, even if the CPU meter doesn't reflect this. Keep in mind that other apps can take CPU cycles away from Auria, and Auria has no way of displaying this in it's CPU meter. So if you want to use Auria to it's full potential (doing mixing, using effects, etc), disable Audiobus mode in the settings, and close all your background apps (including Audiobus).

A good rule of thumb is: if the "Audiobus" text is showing at the top of Auria's window, it's not running at full potential.

Rim

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:03 am

Hi Rim,do you have a tip for me as well how i have to use own folder for IR files?It`s not working here,i descriped it a few post berore.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:08 am

Yes, all your folders need to go inside the IR Files folder. The easiest way to do this is by using a program like iFunBox or iExplorer (both free).

Rim

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:13 am

Rim wrote:Yes, all your folders need to go inside the IR Files folder. The easiest way to do this is by using a program like iFunBox or iExplorer (both free).

Rim
I did it exactly like this (with iFunbox) but the IR files don`t show up in the folders when i open the plugin.The folders are there but empty.But the files are working when i put them in without folders.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:15 am

The new feature will only support one level deep. So you can only have folders inside of the IR Files folder. In other words, it won't support folders inside of folders inside of folders.

Also, make sure the files are either .irf or .wav

Rim

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:21 am

Both is correct.Only one folder in the main directory and WAV files inside :)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:23 am

OK, thanks. I'll look into this.

Rim

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:26 am

Thanks!

jbw
Expert

Post by jbw » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:44 pm

Rim wrote:2. jbw: If you're having issues adding any effects without getting CPU overloads, etc. Make sure you're not using Audiobus, and that there are no other apps running in the background. Audiobus works fine in Auria for simply recording some audio from another audio app, but adding effects, or a number of tracks may cause issues, even if the CPU meter doesn't reflect this. Keep in mind that other apps can take CPU cycles away from Auria, and Auria has no way of displaying this in it's CPU meter. So if you want to use Auria to it's full potential (doing mixing, using effects, etc), disable Audiobus mode in the settings, and close all your background apps (including Audiobus).

A good rule of thumb is: if the "Audiobus" text is showing at the top of Auria's window, it's not running at full potential.

Rim
Thanks for the reply. As I posted before, a hard reset did the trick. I was getting CPU overload even with only Auria open. After the hard reset I was able to do a lot with only minimal trouble (some minor audio pops/crackles) and this was still with Audiobus running.

Thing is I almost never do a complete power down on my device (hold power button to turn off). Though I remember now in the past being told to do this after another app update was having trouble. So I guess I'll try to keep this in mind next time, lol.

Funny how alot of these "problems" are often just user error. :)

SFAudio

Post by SFAudio » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:09 pm

Same problem with IR files here. I put a single new folder inside the main IR Files folder with a couple of selected IRs from my library (different sources) and none of the files show up. If I put my IR's into the main IR folder however, they show up and work. I tried reloading Auria, reloading the plugin, rebooting the iPad. I haven't tried reinstalling Auria yet though.

No big deal really, but I thought Rim might want to know and maybe look into this.

Btw, the new update is rock-solid, even with Audiobus. Great work!!