ReTune Unwanted Chorus Effect

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Phil

ReTune Unwanted Chorus Effect

Post by Phil » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:29 pm

Hi,

I just purchased auria and am playing with retune. Perhaps I am using it incorrectly, but I can't seem to isolate just the wet signal. It seems that even when I lower the dry fader all the way to nothing (or hit the mute button) I am still hearing both the wet and dry signals together. (At least, that's my best guess. Whatever it is, it sounds like some sort of chorus effect. For example, when I try the darth vader preset, I can't isolate just the lower octave no matter what I do.) Perhaps even stranger, when I solo just the dry signal, there is also a chorus effect, as if I am hearing both the dry and wet signal together. The only way i can hear just the dry signal is if I mute both the dry and wet faders.

I've read the other posts on retune and have followed the advice: I'm sending a dry vocal track to retune only. I've tried the various presets and the invert button. I've even tried the aux delay compensation in the settings menu. I have Aux 1 knobs all the way up for both the vocal and master tracks.

Thanks,
Phil

Phil

Re: ReTune Unwanted Chorus Effect

Post by Phil » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Just figured it out--I was applying retune at the master level instead of at the track level. Sorry for the unnecessary question.