What is Retroverb?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

louparte
Expert

What is Retroverb?

Post by louparte » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:26 am

I updated to Auria 1.05 and had to restore all my purchases, supposedly Retrover 1&2 were downloaded with them. But I cannot find any effect with that name in Auria.

What is it? Where is it?
Last edited by louparte on Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: What is Retoverb?

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:55 am

louparte wrote:I updated to Auria 1.05 and had to restore all my purchases, supposedly Retrover 1&2 were downloaded with them. But I cannot find any effect with that name in Auria.

What is it? Where is it?
RetrVerb is Morevox IR Convolution Reverb packs sold on the in-app-purchase so you must have purchased them because they are $5.99 each. These files were downloaded into your convolution reverb folder and you should see an extra 400 IR s in convolution Reverb however they may not be easy to identify as they dont say retroverb in your library but they are there so check your list of IR's and scroll down to see all the new additions.
Cheers
~~_/)~~~

louparte
Expert

Re: What is Retoverb?

Post by louparte » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:40 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:
louparte wrote:I updated to Auria 1.05 and had to restore all my purchases, supposedly Retrover 1&2 were downloaded with them. But I cannot find any effect with that name in Auria.

What is it? Where is it?
RetrVerb is Morevox IR Convolution Reverb packs sold on the in-app-purchase so you must have purchased them because they are $5.99 each. These files were downloaded into your convolution reverb folder and you should see an extra 400 IR s in convolution Reverb however they may not be easy to identify as they dont say retroverb in your library but they are there so check your list of IR's and scroll down to see all the new additions.
Cheers
~~_/)~~~
Thanks. Attn Auria: It would be helpful if they were identified by the same name you used to sell them to us.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: What is Retroverb?

Post by Rim » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:15 am

We've added folder support for the convolution reverb into 1.06, so if you delete and reinstall the IRs after the next update (by doing restore purchases), you'll see all the purchased IRs in their own folders.

Rim

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:36 am

Will that include IR files of our own that we import? It gets a little messy when they're in the main folder.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:31 am

Yes, the convolution reverb will recognize any IR wav files you put into folders. Although everything still needs to go inside the IR Files folder.

Rim

louparte
Expert

Post by louparte » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:07 pm

Rim wrote:We've added folder support for the convolution reverb into 1.06, so if you delete and reinstall the IRs after the next update (by doing restore purchases), you'll see all the purchased IRs in their own folders.

Rim
I love your product and sorry for dumb questions. What is an IR?

Retroverb sounds like exactly what I need. I'm not satisfied w/Classicverb.
But digging through folders and finding IR's (whatever they are), that have
different names than Retroverb seems a bit beyond me at this stage.

I like your product - first and foremost - because it is 'old school' easy to use.
I hope you keep it that way. I have dumped more than one software DAW because
each upgrade made the UI more complex & difficult to use.

If someone downloads 'Retroverb', there ought to be something called Retroverb easily accessible somewhere.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:17 pm

Retroverb is one of many IR libraries we have for sale in the app store. They are all made by a company called MoReVoX, who is very a popular IR maker.

IR Files stands for Impulse Response. They are basically recordings of various halls and spaces, and the Convolution Reverb built into Auria uses these files for it's reverb source.

If you're unhappy with the sound, try turning off the Low CPU mode. It can make a big difference on some IRs.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:45 pm

I own all 1300 IR files and there great. You don't need to crank these to get a full sound and they make midi instruments and samples come alive. Highly recommended over the classic verb.
Cheers.
~~_/)~~~

PS. Thanks Rim for these great folders and all the wonderful add-ons coming in 1.06

louparte
Expert

Post by louparte » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:59 am

I get it now. I opened up one of the convolution reverbs and saw all the different reverb types.
Yeah, that's much more promising than Classicverb. I can't wait to try some out.