Cleanup Unused Audio

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

thebioguy
Expert

Cleanup Unused Audio

Post by thebioguy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:28 am

This should probably go in the Wish List, but I wasn't sure if there was a "hidden" feature.

Is there any way to "cleanup" a project of unused audio (i.e. any audio that isn't presently reference on the tracks)? I know that there can be additional waves files per track (audio7-1.wav, audio7-2.wav, etc) but only one of them is played back during mixing. At this point in the project, I don't need the other audio files and they add bulk to the back and forth file transfers (Dropbox, iExplore, etc). Is there a way to quickly get rid of them?

Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Cleanup Unused Audio

Post by Rim » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:22 pm

This is already present in Auria, every time you open a project, but it didn't clean up everything that was unused. In 1.06, that automatic function will be much more robust,.

Rim

thebioguy
Expert

Post by thebioguy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:18 am

Rim wrote:This is already present in Auria, every time you open a project, but it didn't clean up everything that was unused. In 1.06, that automatic function will be much more robust,.

Rim

Really??

I have a 23 track project, with 92 wav files in the project folder. I don't think the project uses all 92 wavs. When I backup or file transfer, all 92 wav files get moved (over 2 gigs worth).

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:22 am

Like I said in the previous post, it's not working right. It currently only does a partial cleanup, removing unused regions, but doesn't delete the files. 1.06 will delete them as well.

Rim

thebioguy
Expert

Post by thebioguy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:42 am

Rim wrote:Like I said in the previous post, it's not working right. It currently only does a partial cleanup, removing unused regions, but doesn't delete the files. 1.06 will delete them as well.

Rim
Ah, got it. Thanks Rim.