Editor | Mix Window - Suggestion + Surround 5.1 Output & Mix

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

peteT
Expert

Editor | Mix Window - Suggestion + Surround 5.1 Output & Mix

Post by peteT » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:27 pm

Hi,

I am enjoying the very well thought through interface.
Today I was in the Edit Window [which is Landscape View] and wondered how difficult it would be to program the app so that when one turned the iPad into Portrait View one could go directly to the Mixer Window (long throw) - Portrait View. This would be very productive in hand held mode, since it is so quick. Leave the current change buttons in each window as is for switching in Landscape View.
In using both the Edit and Mix windows I am aware also that one of the critical criteria for speedy work is for one to notice that a touch has been engaged in the right way before quickly going on to make the relevent move. An example of this is your great use of showing the fader dBs at the top of the screen: once the fader has been touched there is visual response by the dBs being shown. At an early stage I was sometimes getting erratic results in Automation, until I realised that it is crucial to wait for the responce before moving / or to anticipate the timing by touching early before moving. This is also crucial in the Fade and Trim modes for Regions where you use Arrow and the Fade Types respectively as indicators to show that the touch is being responded to. It could be very useful if this Response Feature, whether it is an arrow or a set of fade types or dBs, could all be set in one particular standard colour and size that stands out [boxed perhaps] so that ones eye is taken to the result and that people are generally made aware that it is integral to good working at speed.

These are small suggestions - hopefully not too difficult to implement - probably mostly GUI.
One final suggestion now that with in the latest version we have Multiple Outs. How difficult to create Surround Panners and Bus Routing/Metering to allow Surround Monitoring and Mixing......Certainly an Add On Extension that would be WELL WORTH paying for!!!
I do understand that you are concentrating on stability issues first, so this would be a later developement worth considering.

Thanks again for all your care and attention with the product and I am generally aware that this forum gets very intellegent and polite responses, thus allowing the general vibe to be very positive and innovative.

PLEASE KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK -- I have watched many DAWs grow from very early stages and I have great hopes for AURIA.....

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Editor | Mix Window - Suggestion + Surround 5.1 Output &

Post by Rim » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:38 pm

Pete,

Thanks for your thoughtful suggestions. I'll take these into consideration for future updates!

Rim