moving regions between tracks vertically

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mtingle
Expert

moving regions between tracks vertically

Post by mtingle » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:51 am

I'm sure it used to work that if you moved a region between tracks Auria would freeze you ability to move horizontally until you'd taken your finger off. This allowed you, not matter what the snap value, to move a region to a new track and guarantee it would not loose its timing. This was very handy, intuitive and was in use all the time.

However now, if I drag a region (and not take my finger off) it can slip left or right in time as I drag.

Whether or not this feature has changed, the ability to not loose horizontal position when dragging vertically between tracks is very necessary.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: moving regions between tracks vertically

Post by Rim » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:16 am

This has been rewritten in 1.06, but in 1.05 there was a feature where if you tapped and held the region for more than a second, it would allow you to fine tune it (the default snap was disabled). But if you just moved it without holding for too long, it would have that snap.

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:39 am

Rim wrote:This has been rewritten in 1.06, but in 1.05 there was a feature where if you tapped and held the region for more than a second, it would allow you to fine tune it (the default snap was disabled). But if you just moved it without holding for too long, it would have that snap.

Rim
Yes, at the moment it does seem that if I quickly move a region up a track or down a track and let go it holds the same position in the time line, but if I have to move it up a number of tracks (more than about 3) I find that it starts to shift out of the horizontal position.

The press and hold for a second for fine movements is a good feature but if a region is moved vertically I think it should remain fixed in 'time' and over ride the hold-for-fine-movements function. Well, that's the way I would do it anyway.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:59 am

In 1.06, I made it so it takes more movement to get out of the snap. In 1.05 it was just a few pixels. Also, in 1.06, the snap won't take effect until you actually move to a new track.

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:01 am

Rim wrote:In 1.06, I made it so it takes more movement to get out of the snap. In 1.05 it was just a few pixels. Also, in 1.06, the snap won't take effect until you actually move to a new track.

Rim
so long as its easy to move regions between tracks without them inadvertently shifting left or right I'll be happy :)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:30 am

Yep, I widened the area to more than a half-inch this time.

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:06 am

looking forward to 1.06 could be a real milestone release for Auria.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:29 am

Just want to thanks the Auria team for giving us more than 25 new features (all pro ) since Aurias release. Have not seen that in any app I own and all in less than a year. Thanks for being major code junkies. Glad to see Auria in the top 5 music apps.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:25 am

Anthony Alves wrote:Just want to thanks the Auria team for giving us more than 25 new features (all pro ) since Aurias release. Have not seen that in any app I own and all in less than a year. Thanks for being major code junkies. Glad to see Auria in the top 5 music apps.
shouldn't this be it's own thread Anthony? Can't see how this is relavent to the topic in question, unless of course your indicating from my tone that I'm ungrateful to wave machine labs for fixing bugs and introducing new features?

As far as I'm concerned bringing issues and bugs to the attention of developers is doing them a favour as a buggie app gets a bad reputation and poor reviews (and so sales) in the app store and quite rightly too IMO. It is in my best interests that Auria is a stable and well respected app as this brings long term customer confidence in Auria as an iOS standard. I don't think anyone expects any thanks in particularly for helping to iron out bugs, but without those well meaning bug reports from the user base Auria would basically be unusable.

On the subject of new features it is fairly obvious that it is in Wave Machine Labs best interest to introduce new features such as Audiobus as this makes Auria a far more versatile and attractive app on the iOS platform which has the knock on effect of increasing app sales.