Open Multitrack DAW Files

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

boone51
Expert

Open Multitrack DAW Files

Post by boone51 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:35 pm

I know its an awkward request, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask. I'm using audiobus on an iPad 2 and I run into the CPU ceiling already using Multitrack DAW. I can only imagine that this problem would probably be magnified by Auria considering how it's already CPU intensive on my iPad 2 by itself. I'm not complaining at all. It's doing some amazing things, so the load is expected. What I was wondering was if there was ever a possibility of opening a Multitrack DAW project in Auria. This would let me record in there and then open it up in Auria for my real mixdown. I would be completely happy to pay for this feature via IAP even since I assume only us iPad 2er's would really want this the most. Just throwing it out there. Thanks.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Open Multitrack DAW Files

Post by Rim » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:42 pm

It's impossible, because the two apps are completely different and use different file formats.

Rim

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:45 pm

Super fast reply. Wow. Thanks again, Rim. Totally understand. Just thought I'd ask despite the low probability.

Rabid Roy

Post by Rabid Roy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:16 pm

You cannot open a "project" from Multitrack DAW in Auria however, you could gather your tracks with Multitrack DAW and use the FTP interface to download HQ .wav files from that project to your PC, then import into Auria with iTunes file sharing or Dropbox.

Although, I would think that it is possible to create a new project in Auria that would not use any more resources than M-daw by using the minimum amount of tracks required for your recording, using no effects initially to record, poss use lower sampling rate/quality, etc.

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:24 pm

I guess we'll find out somewhere around version 1.06. I don't need to ftp them really since it's already being recorded at 16 bit by audiobus. I don't really lose anything as a result by just copy and pasting between the two (plus the track spacing is preserved etc). I love Auria to death, but I've had trouble opening other apps while it's running in the past. I don't really consider MTDaw to be in competition with Auria. While they're both DAWs, Auria clearly has a much larger feature set. MTDaw is great too, though. It's lightweight and I can move around pretty quickly in it. I would think that if Hamilton and Rim worked together they could get this integration working, but I understand where the motivation might not be there for either party. Also, I guess its entirely possible that I'm the only person out there who would really like this.