Auria LE

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

boone51
Expert

Auria LE

Post by boone51 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:39 pm

Got the email about this new offering. Just curious to know more about it. Is this app going to have lower overhead than the main Auria app? I'm wondering if the idea is that it might run better on iPad's older than the 4 or if it's just a way of exposing more people to Auria. Thanks.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria LE

Post by Rim » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:44 pm

Auria LE is Auria with less features, and lower maximum track count. It uses exactly the same codebase, so everything will feel and work the same way. Here's a chart with the differences:

http://blog.auriaapp.com/introducing-auria-le/

Rim

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:47 pm

Thanks a bunch. That was sort of what I was already thinking. Makes sense to me.

SpookyZoo

Post by SpookyZoo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:03 pm

So I've got my xmas itunes credit pretty much reserved for Auria. I've been reading the forum for a while and your users seem happy. I guess I've been holding out until I really need it, and also keeping an eye on the Audiobus/Midi implemenation. My cheque cleared the day after your sale, unfortune for me, but it sounds like the app is well worth it's price.

My post is re: AURIA LE icon. This may sound silly to some, but I'm really hoping it doesn't have a huge 'LE' or 'Lite' on the icon.

The chance to try the app and then upgrade is a good one until full price is paid on upgrade. It's a purely aesthetic thing on my part...some people may agree, some not, but I hope you go the way of something like Loopy, where instead of the LE or LITE, a different colour is used.

Just my little humble opinion. :)

Good luck with the LE launch...

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:51 pm

You're in luck, because the icons are exactly the same. We did this for that very reason ;)

Rim

SpookyZoo

Post by SpookyZoo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:13 pm

Just saw in App Store. :) Good thinking Batman!

Once upgraded, will it be recognised as full version in future. For updates etc, or will it still have some separation? Thanks, looking forward to becoming a user. :)

CoinOP

Post by CoinOP » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:34 am

I was hoping for a sale offer(a bit longer then a day) of the full version. Been waiting forever!! Not a stripped down version you have no choice to upgrade sooner. Quite dissapointing!!

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:48 am

what are you waiting for?Auria is definitely worth the 50 bucks.And you CAN upgrade the LE to the full version anytime :roll:
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

CoinOP

Post by CoinOP » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:28 am

Without the plugs it's just another sequencer.

I'm really on the fence between Cubasis and Auria. Selling points to me for Auria are the (IA)plugs. I like PSP and Fabfilter. The full version with some of the IA plugs is gonna add up. I was waiting for the half off offer but missed it because it only lasted a day?!

Cubasis is gonna update half of Februari. I'll may decide then.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:35 am

With Auria LE, you can still buy all the plugins (IAP). It comes with enough plugins to get you going for some basic projects, but you can still purchase the same ones used in the full version of Auria. Plus, you can upgrade to the full version at any time, and anything you already purchased transfers over. Once you upgrade, there's no difference between the two versions.

Rim

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:45 am

@coin

Steinberg said something about IAP's in Cubasis in their forum.I'm pretty sure you have to pay for better plugins in cubasis as well.It's Steinberg.I'm also sure then you can buy only steinberg plugins at least for the first (long) time cause only in this case they would earn any money with IAP's.Why should they let this chance pass by?

Right now the effects are crappy (2-band eq?Seriously?).And it's not true that Auria LE comes without any effects.You still have the amazing PSP Channelstrip,reverb,PSP Chorus/Flanger and PSP delay.And the 3rd party support is amazing,the Fabfilter pro Q is my most favorite eq since years.And it's a pleasure to use it with a touch screen.Much more fun then using a mouse.

You really should read the specs more carefully.
You CAN upgrade to the"pro"version and it still HAS effects :wink:

And i would not count on automation or more then 16Bit support in cubasis februar update but that's just my guess...

edit:too late :)
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Tlgdmb123

Post by Tlgdmb123 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:05 am

Hi guys, what is the prospect of a version of Auria to run on ipod touches and iphones.

It would be useful if I could record on my ipod touch and simply upload the project to the ipad via dropbox and work on the project directly in auria.

Jsut a thought.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:18 am

Not likely. Auria really needs the screen real estate in order to use it properly. There are already scaled down daws that work well on an iPhone, so Auria wouldn't really add much.

Rim

Tlgdmb123

Post by Tlgdmb123 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:29 am

Thanks, I was really thinking of it as a tool with maybe 4 tracks but with the high quality eq and some plugins useful for field work -so really a different app to auria but with project compatability to Auria. Btw pls post the updates you have without waiting for audiobus as 1.06 :D

Cheers and keep up the good work

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:09 am

CoinOP wrote:Without the plugs it's just another sequencer.

I'm really on the fence between Cubasis and Auria. Selling points to me for Auria are the (IA)plugs. I like PSP and Fabfilter. The full version with some of the IA plugs is gonna add up. I was waiting for the half off offer but missed it because it only lasted a day?!

Cubasis is gonna update half of Februari. I'll may decide then.
Actually Auria is not a sequencer, it's a Digital Audio Workstation and as for Cubasis, I own it and its absolutely useless. Just go to their forum and you will see that no one who bought it is happy. Some are are downright pissed that they spent $50 and ended up with an app with less features than FL Studio and Music Studio.
As for the prices of the plugins adding up well that's up to you on how many you purchase but to put it into perspective , the Fabfilter Pro plugins package is $799.00 US onsale right now while Auria users got the same plugin set for $230. We are really lucky for that break and that these companies even care to give us these really pro plugins. Auria is an award winning app and I'm proud to be an Auria user. Most Cubasis users in their forum compare Cubasis to GarageBand a $4.99 app. While there is NO app that compares to Auria in this forum or any Pro Review here or on the net. I also believe that we will see Aurias price increase to much higher than it is now as new crappy apps are starting to show up in the App Store starting at $50. Cubasis being one of them. I could easily see Auria hitting the $90-$129 range in the near future. Get it while its hot and affordable.