MY AURIA DON'T WORK!!! CRASH EVERY TIME!!!

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: MY AURIA DON'T WORK!!! CRASH EVERY TIME!!!

Post by Rim » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:16 pm

Thanks for being patient, guys.

Rim

anton06
Expert

Post by anton06 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:44 pm

Getting new plugs is always a complete new adventure...lol...but I beleave anyway and even if we get impatient or even angry sometimes that Auria will be a serious killer one day!!!!!! ;)
Thanks for your patience Rim and also thanks to always reply to each and every messages!!!!
Regards

Dcramer
Expert

Post by Dcramer » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:31 pm

Maybe that's the issue- having it running in the background when you upgrade. Other then needing to reinstall purchases, my upgrade to 1.05 went fine.
I was careful, however, to make sure it wasn't running.

Henkholland

Post by Henkholland » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:21 am

I have the same problem on my Ipad3. Installed, deleted and reinstalled Auria SE several times. No other apps on the background. Enough memory. Reinstalled my Ipad and tried all the other advises on the forum. Still the same problem. I'll wait for the new version.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:21 am

There's no reason that a complete reinstall wouldn't work, even with the current version. This bug only affects updates from a previous version.

Did you say you're running Auria LE, or Auria?

Rim

lukeloop

Post by lukeloop » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:55 am

Mine is crashing all the time too. Ipad 2, latest ios etc, have the pro Q filter thingo. I did manage to reinstall it, and also get the pro Q thing back but then it crashed again. What is the suggestion for remedy please. This is for Auria not Auria LE. Thanks, semi- urgent

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:42 am

I replied in your other thread. When does it start to crash? Is it only after you do something, or is it when loading a specific project? It'll help to narrow down where the problem is. A freshly installed Auria should not crash. The others in this thread were having problems updating from a previous version, but this sounds like it's something else.

Rim

Henkholland

Post by Henkholland » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:13 am

Hi Rim,

I have the Ipad3 and Auria LE. After (re)installing Auria LE, the pgrm starts and I can view the mixer and move the knobs. As soon as I start the menu with (for example) new project, nothing happened. Only the small cirkel is turning around without stopping. After quiting and restarting I view 2 subchannels and the main channel. The menu is not work anymore. After another restart, it is only crashing at the very beginning. Never had crashes before with other apps. For example Garageband or StudiominiXL. I'll do another try on my Ipad1.
I'm from Holland but on holiday in New Zealand (next week back home again). But I suppose this hasn't any effect on the version I downloaded from the appstore?

Henk

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:29 am

OK, here's what I think might be happening. When you install Auria for the first time, you should get a tutorial screen, which displays a series of slider for a few minutes. Did you get that screen? If so, please leave your iPad alone for a few minutes after that screen shows. It's possible that your iPad is still doing some housekeeping after the tutorial finishes, so it's not quite ready to be used. So I recommend turning off your auto-lock feature, delete Auria, repurchase it from the app store, then let it install. Let the iPad sit for 5 minutes after the tutorial is finished, to be sure before using it.

At this point, you should have the demo song loaded automatically. Please try playing this demo song and make sure it's working fine. The song is called "The Approach". It will load automatically, so there's nothing you'll need to do.

Rim

lukeloop

Post by lukeloop » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:55 am

Mine seems to be working now, I will reload one of my mixdowns next and see if it crashes again. Thanks.

Henkholland

Post by Henkholland » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:55 pm

I have never seen that tuorial screen during all my attemps. Did what you described. Still the same problem. Also on my my Ipad1. Next week I'll have another try on the Nothern hemisphere.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:27 am

That's very odd. The tutorial screen should show every time you install Auria for the first time. It won't show the second time. Where you are in the world makes no difference. Auria is the same everywhere. Are you sure you are completely deleting Auria from your iPad first? (tap and hold on the Auria icon until you see the X, then press the X). To reinstall Auria, don't do it from iTunes. Do it by buying it again at the app store in your iPad. You will not be charged again by Apple. Make sure all your background apps are closed. This is not the same as a reboot (rebooting won't close background apps).

Rim

anton06
Expert

Post by anton06 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:05 pm

Rim hey, I bought all plugins like PROC PRO DL PRO G PRO L and the problem is that once you install once of those on the Master then the CPU is going so high suddenly...for example when a song is almost finished it already has many plugins on each track and even if you froze those tracks the CPU is quite high so if you install one of those new plugins then the CPU comes suddenly sooo hiiiigh and you can't even read the song...Auria force closes and you can't anymore open that song....it is a really really bad point. The new plugins from FABFILTER are really god, no problem with that but IPAD'S CPU can't manage with it in plus of all that you could install on a full song. I mean that now that it gets serious in a matter of quality plugs, the limits of the IPad are exceeded and it can't manage all that.......
The solution would be to make them able to absorb much less amount of CPU but for now it is not assuming well so heavy plugins. You know when you almost finished a song p, you already reached the max possibilities to add plugins and all so if ones wants to install a PRO L on the Master then the CPU capacity explodes, it is not possible like that.
Perhaps you could give some advices about it. Thank you Rim.
Regards

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:03 pm

Anton,

There are some settings in the Fabfilter plugins that can take a lot of CPU, for example the oversampling setting. Make sure these are off if you want to minimize CPU usage. It also depends on which iPad you own. The iPad 4 is 3 time faster than the iPad2/3. When you freeze a track, those plugins are no longer taking any more CPU and memory, so you should be able to freeze all your tracks and have more CPU available.

Rim

Henkholland

Post by Henkholland » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:00 am

With the new release my Aria LE works fine now! Finally I got that tutorial screen, that didn't appear in the old release on my ipad3. I'm a happy user now :D

Henk