Why a magnification slider?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

thebioguy
Expert

Why a magnification slider?

Post by thebioguy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:42 pm

Just curious.

Why take up the space to have a slider for horizontal mag, but not for vertical mag? I could do without the horizontal slider for something else.....like not having the "solo" message flash on top of the knob values when I am trying to work with the expander. Move the knob values to that space and get rid of the slider......or something.

Cheers!

mtingle
Expert

Re: Why a magnification slider?

Post by mtingle » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:45 pm

I would replace the magnification slider (that I never use) with a couple of programmable buttons that could be short cuts from any of the menus, like delete or duplicate for instance.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:45 pm

The mag sliders are there for people more used to doing things with sliders instead of fingers, like a traditional daw.

The flashing solo indicator is actually not only an indicator but a switch. You press it to clear all solos.

Rim

thebioguy
Expert

Post by thebioguy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:21 am

I understand that, but it seems redundant given the pinching gesture, and valuable real estate could open up for a variety of things.
For example I would love to have the split region button always at the ready, or maybe use that space for the controls of the upcoming comping feature. At the very least, move the flashing solo indicator so we can see the values beneath it.

Thanks!

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:56 pm

mtingle wrote:I would replace the magnification slider (that I never use) with a couple of programmable buttons that could be short cuts from any of the menus, like delete or duplicate for instance.
+1
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:28 am

thebioguy wrote:I understand that, but it seems redundant given the pinching gesture, and valuable real estate could open up for a variety of things.!
It's far from redundant when you need to quickly view the whole timeline. It can take several pinch gestures to achieve that from a zoomed-in state.

Having said that, if programmable shortcut buttons could be implemented, as has been suggested, I'd happily use one of them to get to fully zoomed-out (always assuming that was included as one of the available shortcuts).

thebioguy
Expert

Post by thebioguy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:10 am

Washboy wrote:
thebioguy wrote:I understand that, but it seems redundant given the pinching gesture, and valuable real estate could open up for a variety of things.!
It's far from redundant when you need to quickly view the whole timeline. It can take several pinch gestures to achieve that from a zoomed-in state.

Having said that, if programmable shortcut buttons could be implemented, as has been suggested, I'd happily use one of them to get to fully zoomed-out (always assuming that was included as one of the available shortcuts).

+1

With programmable buttons, you could use them for whatever you want, and their use could be project-specific.

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:04 pm

agreed.I LOVE being able to configure a DAW as much as i can to improve my personal workflow.I guess most user would agree on that.I don't think some more options in the settings menu (there's still some space.or make a second page :wink: ) would hurt anybody.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX